Days, months, weeks, and sometimes even years - they all go by us. If we're lucky, we tame them long enough to feel like we were not just standing there as they went by; sometimes we actually feel present in them. But not enough. Too many amazing and wonderful things go by without so much as a nod or moment of appreciation. Because life happens. Because we get busy. Because we just keep going. This blog is a way to stop all of that spinning and pause some of those quiet, simple little moments that make us smile. Being grateful is not something that we just are - being grateful is something we should actively do. This is two friends living many, many miles apart, sharing their tiny little moments of gratitude in pictures with each other and with the world.

Friday, January 31, 2014

Tomorrow

I am grateful that days end – that they start anew.  Lately, I long for endings and for new chapters to begin.  For whoever reads these entries, I have obviously been absent.  I wish that I could say, “ Oh, yeah I’m sorry.  I traveled to this remote area of the world where they don’t have Internet access.  The people in this region are incredibly simple, humble beings, with few luxuries.  But, you know what, they are really happy, and so was I in their presence.”  Nope.  That fantasy never happened.  Instead, my reality looks quite different.

My son is a bleeder.  He bleeds internally, into his muscles and joints.  He can bleed from something, or from nothing at all.  And, you already know from previous posts that his medication does not work.  It has been an extremely difficult two weeks. He bled into a joint, started to heal, and then bled anew.  He ran into seemingly every complication that could arise – fever, IV failure, multiple attempts and missed peripheral access, and just sheer pain. It has been painful for me to watch. 



This life, with complication, any complication at all, requires those that live it to live one day at a time.  I am told that there will be many bad days, and there have been already, but that hope rests in the days to come.  Each day ends, and the potential for a good (or even great) day lives on in tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment