Days, months, weeks, and sometimes even years - they all go by us. If we're lucky, we tame them long enough to feel like we were not just standing there as they went by; sometimes we actually feel present in them. But not enough. Too many amazing and wonderful things go by without so much as a nod or moment of appreciation. Because life happens. Because we get busy. Because we just keep going. This blog is a way to stop all of that spinning and pause some of those quiet, simple little moments that make us smile. Being grateful is not something that we just are - being grateful is something we should actively do. This is two friends living many, many miles apart, sharing their tiny little moments of gratitude in pictures with each other and with the world.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Grateful #7 - lucky number

I picked a random cd out of the side of the driver's door today while I was driving.  Though I am quite fond of and capable of using modern technology, for some reason I still like listening to CD's over my Ipod when I'm in the car.  I started singing along when I realized that I was singing one of my favorite songs.  I saw the screen "4 Swandive," and I thought: of course it's #4, that totally makes sense!   The number 4 has always been my lucky number; I will always choose it, and I will always think that whenever something has the number 4 in it, that it was meant to be, that it's fate, that it's lucky.  Today, I am grateful that I find the tiniest coincidences not to be coincidences at all, but tiny moments of fate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment