Days, months, weeks, and sometimes even years - they all go by us. If we're lucky, we tame them long enough to feel like we were not just standing there as they went by; sometimes we actually feel present in them. But not enough. Too many amazing and wonderful things go by without so much as a nod or moment of appreciation. Because life happens. Because we get busy. Because we just keep going. This blog is a way to stop all of that spinning and pause some of those quiet, simple little moments that make us smile. Being grateful is not something that we just are - being grateful is something we should actively do. This is two friends living many, many miles apart, sharing their tiny little moments of gratitude in pictures with each other and with the world.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

grateful #13 - wonderful people

I just noticed, 13 hours later, that i am wearing two different socks.  I didn't notice when they were in my boots all day, and I didn't notice when I put on my tennis shoes to go to practice at 4:00.  I just noticed at 8pm when I finally. sat. down.

Because I coach the tennis team, and because tryouts started today, my routine - my life - just got different.  and more.   This is my 13th year of coaching and teaching, but I'm telling you right now, my mind and my body are never prepared for that first week of change.  I love my job - both teaching and coaching, but I cannot fathom being a teacher, a coach and anything else.  If i had children, they would probably still be at school waiting to be picked up or walking around not fed or dressed properly.  I can't even dress myself properly, obviously (see picture above).  But I am grateful for the people around me who remind me that it does get easier, I do figure out how to juggle teaching, coaching, and 27 other things, and that I can ask for help if I need it. Some of them even tell me that I'm good at it.  I may not have matching socks, but I have thoughtful friends and lovely people that care about me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment