Days, months, weeks, and sometimes even years - they all go by us. If we're lucky, we tame them long enough to feel like we were not just standing there as they went by; sometimes we actually feel present in them. But not enough. Too many amazing and wonderful things go by without so much as a nod or moment of appreciation. Because life happens. Because we get busy. Because we just keep going. This blog is a way to stop all of that spinning and pause some of those quiet, simple little moments that make us smile. Being grateful is not something that we just are - being grateful is something we should actively do. This is two friends living many, many miles apart, sharing their tiny little moments of gratitude in pictures with each other and with the world.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Grateful #6 - Frustrating Days

It was one of those days where you feel like everything you normally do so easily is taking an extra 9 steps.  It was also the kind of day where you feel like everyone wants something from you.  And they're all asking at the same time.  And you probably can't even give them what they want.   On top of that, it was the kind of day where you accidentally decide, even though your mood is already at heightened frazzle, to pay your bills and look at your dwindling bank account.  You sit there and think:  how am i really an adult right now?  is this how other adults do things?  This was my day.  I was already at highly annoyed by noon.   And then my dad sent me a text message after he looked at this blog.  The photo on the left is how i interpreted that text message, while the one on the right is what it actually said.  So I stepped back after I finally saw what it really said, and I realized this:
I am grateful for bad, annoying, frustrating days.   Maybe all those extra steps were there because I need to slow down and stop being so routine about things.  Maybe no one wanted anything from me, maybe they wanted to share things with me.  and maybe I struggle with my bills because sometimes you need to stop buying new things, and actually enjoy the things you own already.   Frustrating days allow you to set yourself up for beautiful, wonderful days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment