Days, months, weeks, and sometimes even years - they all go by us. If we're lucky, we tame them long enough to feel like we were not just standing there as they went by; sometimes we actually feel present in them. But not enough. Too many amazing and wonderful things go by without so much as a nod or moment of appreciation. Because life happens. Because we get busy. Because we just keep going. This blog is a way to stop all of that spinning and pause some of those quiet, simple little moments that make us smile. Being grateful is not something that we just are - being grateful is something we should actively do. This is two friends living many, many miles apart, sharing their tiny little moments of gratitude in pictures with each other and with the world.

Monday, January 13, 2014

Love and Poetry



My husband shocked me.  I am not shocked easily.  I checked my email the other day and there it was – an email from him. I rarely receive emails from my husband these days.  There was a period of time that our relationship survived on account of virtual communication.  We lived far apart for four years.  But, since we married, I very rarely receive emails from my husband.

What was even more shocking was the content of that email.  The words rhymed and actually had a flow to them.  Wait. Was this poetry?  It read like a song.  My husband had written ME a song.  I felt so special, for that moment.

At this point in the post, you’re probably wondering the applicability of the photo of the ducks.  Those ducks were a wedding present.  They were presented to us, and we were told that if ever in a disagreement, or there was distance between us, the beaks of the ducks had to be re-aligned.

I still check them every day. 


I am loved.  Truly loved. And, hey, I do my part arranging the ducks.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! My aunt gave me a set of ducks for our wedding as well. They are rubber duckies wearing a wedding dress and tuxedo. I keep them on a shelf in my room "kissing" each other. Now, I know to check for realignment as needed :) I am enjoying your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Re-aligning those ducks is a full time job! I guess there are a lot of vibrations? Hahah. Thank you for the compliment! I am enjoying writing it :)

      Delete
  2. Perhaps that's the etymology of ducks in a row?
    I'm finding that we are grateful for the same things but for different reasons. I love that.

    ReplyDelete