Days, months, weeks, and sometimes even years - they all go by us. If we're lucky, we tame them long enough to feel like we were not just standing there as they went by; sometimes we actually feel present in them. But not enough. Too many amazing and wonderful things go by without so much as a nod or moment of appreciation. Because life happens. Because we get busy. Because we just keep going. This blog is a way to stop all of that spinning and pause some of those quiet, simple little moments that make us smile. Being grateful is not something that we just are - being grateful is something we should actively do. This is two friends living many, many miles apart, sharing their tiny little moments of gratitude in pictures with each other and with the world.

Monday, March 24, 2014

Newfound Freedom

So, I decided not to hold myself accountable for this most recent bout of absenteeism.  I am entitled, I think.  But, I do feel particularly grateful for a few things today.  So, I’ve decided to share.

First, and this is a huge one, my son is medically stable.  His surgery was successful and his port is operational.  He is well.  I am able to administer medication (though with a lot of struggle and resistance) to him and, therefore, he is not in pain.  Score.

Second, as a direct result of this newfound freedom from seemingly crisis after crisis, and due to my ability to be (semi) self-reliant in the administration of his medication, we have been cleared for travel.

In two (2) days, for the first time since my son was born, we are going on a vacation. For those of you reading this and plotting a break in, my parents will be staying at our home.  Don’t even think about it.



I find it befitting that our first vacation will be to the Hemophilia Federation of America’s Annual Symposium (a big thanks to “you know who you are”), this year featuring an entire day devoted to the topic of the allergy my son has.  It was meant to be.  Our first vacation and my son is stable. Oh, it’s a fine time, indeed. 

NOTE:  Do not mock the art. It is a rare classic piece that is copyrighted.  It will sell for millions.  Just wait. Wait for it.....

1 comment: