Days, months, weeks, and sometimes even years - they all go by us. If we're lucky, we tame them long enough to feel like we were not just standing there as they went by; sometimes we actually feel present in them. But not enough. Too many amazing and wonderful things go by without so much as a nod or moment of appreciation. Because life happens. Because we get busy. Because we just keep going. This blog is a way to stop all of that spinning and pause some of those quiet, simple little moments that make us smile. Being grateful is not something that we just are - being grateful is something we should actively do. This is two friends living many, many miles apart, sharing their tiny little moments of gratitude in pictures with each other and with the world.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

What am I grateful for?

What am I grateful for?  Today this just seems like an unanswerable question.  There seems to be more days like this than ever.  But, just because life slaps you one hundred times, from every direction, a la Hecatonchires, making your head spin around incessantly, doesn’t mean that you have to succumb to negativity. Perhaps while your head is spinning around you just sort of "check out" and go along for the ride.

Today, I am neutral. 
(He's a pretty bad ass warrior)



Today, although I am having a tough time pinpointing one particular thing to be grateful for, I do recognize the bigger picture – I have a beautiful family consisting of a loving and supportive husband and a son whose smile is “to die for.”  I have awesome parents, siblings and friends (wow, a shout out yesterday AND today!).  I have a home.  I have most of my desires fulfilled.  I have more than the average person probably.  I just have that one kink - my son's health. 

No comments:

Post a Comment