Days, months, weeks, and sometimes even years - they all go by us. If we're lucky, we tame them long enough to feel like we were not just standing there as they went by; sometimes we actually feel present in them. But not enough. Too many amazing and wonderful things go by without so much as a nod or moment of appreciation. Because life happens. Because we get busy. Because we just keep going. This blog is a way to stop all of that spinning and pause some of those quiet, simple little moments that make us smile. Being grateful is not something that we just are - being grateful is something we should actively do. This is two friends living many, many miles apart, sharing their tiny little moments of gratitude in pictures with each other and with the world.

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Grateful #21 - Coffee (but not how you think)




Coffee is a very obvious choice as to something I am grateful for, but I hadn’t written it about yet because I figured it was too obvious.   I mean it’s no secret that I have a very big love affair with coffee, but that does not make for a very good grateful blog post.  Until someone gave me this sign in the picture, I hadn’t thought of a good angle.  Here’s the new angle:  I get gifts from students, friends, and parents that are all usually coffee related.  Bags of coffee, coffee cups (both ceramic and travel), gift cards to coffee shops, coffee themed magnets, coffee jewelry (I wear a coffee bean necklace my mom gave me), and if you go to my favorite coffee shop and ask for a "Blair," they'll give you a coffee with a ridiculous amount of sugar-free vanilla syrup swimming at the bottom.   Clearly, I have a thing that I am known for loving excessively. I guess it made me realize that when I love something, I love it passionately and out loud and with a demand for attention.  Today, I am grateful for coffee because it reminded me that loving intensely is something I will never mind being known for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment